House of the eighteenth century, historical monument, furnished with eighteenth and nineteenth time, India Company style, this is where the summit meeting between Presidents Bush and Mitterrand took place in March 1991.
More than 300 species are listed in the tropical botanical park of 17 hectares with a large “branch bicentenary”, unique in Martinique.
The distillery and winery house 1.5 million liters of rum during aging and provide permanent exhibitions:
- Discovery of the Americas “with models of schooners Columbus
- Transportation of rum in Martinique in the early twentieth century
- The manufacture of rum “with a collection of art photos
In recent years, the Habitation Clément visit is also an opportunity to meet Clement Foundation which promotes arts and cultural heritage of the Caribbean and the Indian Ocean. It also manages large collections of documents involving private archives, a library on the history of the Caribbean and iconographic.
The company has joined the Quality Process established by the CCIM and awarded the “Martinique Smile Sun.”
- Domaine de l’Acajou, 97240 Le François
- t: + 596 596 54 62 07
- Every day 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Closed in September