LUXURY AND BOUTIQUE CRUISE SHIPS ARE ATTRACTED TO DOCK IN LE MARIN
Le Marin is one of the Caribbean’s newest destinations for luxury and boutique cruise ships, offering their guests a more intimate port experience away from the mega-ships. Guests will feel like they are arriving in an upscale Caribbean yachting destination with a French Riviera feel.
A WARM WELCOME
- Once ashore, guests are indeed treated to a warm welcome from the local tourist office staff, while swaying to the music played by a local band.
- Two hostesses from the local tourist office are also sent on board to provide guests with preliminary tourist information before they get ashore.
Martinique – Anse Grosse Roche
A WIDE RANGE OF ACTIVITIES
- A city devoted to the sea, and the administrative capital of Southern Martinique, Le Marin offers a wide range of activities. Whether your passion is on the water or inland there are many adventures to be discovered: hiking, horseback riding, beautiful Creole and ethnobotanical gardens, a local crafts and vegetable market, commercial centers, the amazing 360-degree view offered from “Morne Gommier”, paragliding, boat excursions of all types including glass-bottom boat tours, kayaking in the “mangrove”, deep-sea fishing, snorkeling and scuba diving, boat rentals (with or without a skipper), introduction to “yole” (traditional sailing), activities and events offered by the water-sports club, swimming in the pristine waters of “Pointe Macre”, “Grand Macabou”, “Pointe Borgnesse”, and “Anse Grosse Roche”…
- A tourist-friendly city, Le Marin is lively with many sports and cultural events all year round.
A RICH HERITAGE
- Classified as a tourist town on February 14, 2012, Le Marin is a city rich in history which can be seen through its architecture including the old village, period homes, and a historic church that dates to the 18th century.
THE CAPITAL OF YACHTING
- Le Marin is renowned as the center for yachting and sailing in Martinique and was classified as the “Station Nautique” (Sailing Resort) in 1998.
- The city attracts an international clientele due to the highly equipped marina well-known as being the largest in Southern Caribbean. Offering 850 berths and 200 buoy moorings, the port of Marin is a delight for sailors and sea-lovers and has been labeled “Pavillon bleu” since 2006 as a result of the port’s continued efforts at being eco-friendly.
- The port of Marin offers a shopping area of 4500 square meters.
- Among 80 French marinas, two ports from which Marina du Marin received the prestigious 5 rings of the quality prize sailing.