The Martinique Tourism Authority is pleased to announce the appointment of François Baltus-Languedoc as CEO of the MTA on September 25, 2019.
Mr. François Baltus-Languedoc’s missions at the helm of the Martinique Tourism Authority will be to devise and implement innovative strategies to develop the appeal of the destination, both in terms of promotion towards international markets, as well as to advance the tourism offer in Martinique.
Eager to take on this new challenge, Mr. Baltus-Languedoc said: “I am proud to represent a region that is dear to my heart and that I deeply love”. Mr. Baltus-Languedoc went on to say, “Martinique has so much to offer and it is an honor for me to contribute to the development of this beautiful destination thanks to my new position.”
Having held a variety of management positions within prestigious international groups* during his 25 years in the travel and international hospitality industries, Mr. François Baltus-Languedoc has many assets to succeed in this new challenge:
- Expertise in tourism strategy
- Experience in business tourism
- A global vision of the high-end and mid-level hotel sector
- In-depth knowledge of the prospecting markets (North America and Europe) and potential markets (Latin America, South East Asia) of the Martinique Tourism Authority
Karine Mousseau, Tourism Commissioner of Martinique commented: “With his skills and international experience, I am convinced, that along with the teams of the Martinique Tourism Authority and both the public and private sector professionals, Mr. Baltus-Languedoc will be able to fashion an innovative and imaginative strategy to advance Martinique’s travel industry.”
Mr. François Baltus-Languedoc will meet the industry in Montreal and New York late October.
* Ascott Limited, Jiva Hill Park Hotel (Relais & Châteaux), Prestige Hotels Group (Small Luxury Hotels of the World), Hospes Infinite Places (design + leading hotels).